Before We Get Started
- Ask how everyone’s week has been! What was the best thing that happened to you last week?
- What was one thing you could use prayer for from last week?
- Open your group with prayer! Pray for any requests and for the discussion you’re about to have, that God reveals a next step for everyone to take this week!
Ice Breaker: What’s an irrational fear you have? Share with the Group!
- “I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.” – John 16:33 (NLT)
- “Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me—everything you heard from me and saw me doing. Then the God of peace will be with you. How I praise the Lord that you are concerned about me again. I know you have always been concerned for me, but you didn’t have the chance to help me. Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have, I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.” – Philippians 4:6-13
- “for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. Who is it that overcomes the world? Only the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.” – 1 John 5:4-6
Sermon Notes: Take time to let everyone share some of the notes they took or anything that stood out to them from the message. Use this time to get everyone in your group talking (a good tip for this situation would be to go around the room and have everyone share one thing that stuck out to them from Pastor Daniel’s sermon)! Keep in mind, not everyone may feel comfortable talking, so try your best to help assist them in any way you can!
- According to various studies, the top 5 things that people worry about the most are: Money, Work, Relationships, Health, and Change. Out of these 5, which do you feel you worry the most about in your life?
- What 5 tips to becoming an Overcomer did Pastor Daniel share? (Don’t worry about anything, Pray about everything, Thank God in all things, Think about good things, and Be content with anything)
- Which of these do you feel like you do the best in? Which do you feel you need the most work in?
- Read Philippians 4:8. Is there anything you’re worrying about that doesn’t make it through these filters?
- How can you begin to implement what you’ve learned into your life this week? (Come up with a “Battle Plan”!) Is there any way that your Group can help you with your “Battle Plan”?
- Challenge for next week! What are the top 3 areas of your life that you worry about? Write them down and spend the rest of this week applying your Battle Plan. Begin the next session talking about what happened!
Pray for your Group!
Pray for confidence and strength for your members as they begin to pursue the stretching/next steps that God is calling them to!