Goals for this Week’s Study:
- Review Pastor Daniel’s sermon from Sunday morning.
- Help group members (especially new members) get to know one another.
- Reflect on the next steps that have been taken over the past week.
Open your group with prayer.
SHARE: Has there ever been a moment or situation in your life that you wish you instantly could’ve hidden to avoid it? (Something embarrassing, awkward, etc.)
- “And I will cause hostility between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring. He will strike your head, and you will strike his heel.” – Genesis 3:15
- “Then the man—Adam—named his wife Eve, because she would be the mother of all who live. And the Lord God made clothing from animal skins for Adam and his wife.” – Genesis 3:20-21
- “But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness.” – 1 John 1:9
- “You were dead because of your sins and because your sinful nature was not yet cut away. Then God made you alive with Christ, for he forgave all our sins. He canceled the record of the charges against us and took it away by nailing it to the cross.” – Colossians 2:13-14
- “Let the wicked change their ways and banish the very thought of doing wrong. Let them turn to the Lord that he may have mercy on them. Yes, turn to our God, for he will forgive generously.” – Isaiah 55:7
Sermon Notes: Take time to let everyone share some of the notes they took or anything that stood out to them from the message. Use this time to get everyone in your group talking (a good tip for this situation would be to go around the room and have everyone share one thing that stuck out to them from Pastor Daniel’s sermon)! Keep in mind, not everyone may feel comfortable talking yet, so try your best to help assist them in any way you can!
- Pastor Daniel stated that when we sin we hide and when our sin is discovered we blame. Why do you think it’s dangerous to hide and cast blame?
- Blaming others will lead to carrying around a guilty conscience. What can we do to void guilt when it comes to sin? (Admit it & confess it!)
- Do you have someone in your life that you can confess things to? (LEADERS, this would be a good time to connect with those who don’t have someone!)
- Pastor Daniel gave four major ways that God forgives. What were they? (Quickly, Completely, Constantly, Freely)
- Which one of these four stood out to you the most? Why?
- Is there anything that you still doubt that God has forgiven you for?
- Pastor Daniel said that when God sees you He sees His son, not your sin! How can you apply this to your life this week?
- When you sin, God comes to you to restore and nurture you.
- Though sin entered through Eve, Jesus also arrived through her bloodline. It came full circle!
- God saves you daily because he has a plan and purpose for your life here on earth, not just in heaven!
- You can't earn God's forgiveness; you just need to accept it. What is free to us cost God everything.
- There are consequences to your sin, but God doesn't "get back at you".
Pray Over Your Group!
Pray that guilt and shame lose it’s place in every members life, and that throughout this week we can begin to see ourselves the way God sees us!
Go throughout this week not only seeing yourself as God sees you, but also seeing those around you the same way!