We Not Me
Goals for this Week’s Study:
Review Pastor Daniel’s sermon from Sunday morning.
Help group members (especially new members) get to know one another.
- Reflect on the next steps that have been taken over the past week.
Open your group with prayer.
SHARE: Tell the group about the funniest memory that you have involving one of your best friends!
- “Then the Lord God formed the man from the dust of the ground. He breathed the breath of life into the man’s nostrils, and the man became a living person.” – Genesis 2:7
- “I no longer call you slaves, because a master doesn’t confide in his slaves. Now you are my friends, since I have told you everything the Father told me.” – John 15:15
- “Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper who is just right for him.” – Genesis 2:18
- “The Lord is a friend to those who fear him. He teaches them his covenant.” – Psalm 25:14
- “You are my friends if you do what I command.” – John 15:14
Sermon Notes: Take time to let everyone share some of the notes they took or anything that stood out to them from the message. Use this time to get everyone in your group talking (a good tip for this situation would be to go around the room and have everyone share one thing that stuck out to them from Pastor Daniel’s sermon)! Keep in mind, not everyone may feel comfortable talking yet, so try your best to help assist them in any way you can!
- How would you describe a true friend? What characteristics relationally would they bring to your relationship?
- Pastor Daniel spoke about Refrigerator-right and 3am friends (Friends who can walk into your house and take something to eat without asking or that will answer your phone call no matter what time it is). Do you have friends in your life that you could label as these? Leaders, if someone doesn’t have one, help them get connected to one!
- When you first hear the word prayer, what comes to mind (prayer closet, church service, dinner time, etc.) and how does it make you feel (Intimidated, peaceful, excited, etc.)? Leaders, this is a good spot to offer wisdom and encourage members to help them experience a better prayer life!
- Pastor Daniel stated that we are as close to God as we want to be! Would you be able to call Jesus your friend (interacting with Him the same as one of your closest 3 friends) if asked right now?
- How do you become friends with God? (Talk to God, Think about God, Obey God, Desire friendship with God above everything else)
- Are there people in your life that you struggle to love and befriend? Do you think viewing God better as a friend could help?
- How can your group help you this week? (Daily encouragement, prayer, etc.)
- It’s easy to say God is your savior, but can you say God is your friend?
- God created you for community! You can’t do life alone!
- If you can become friends with God, then you will be able to love and befriend those around you.
- God isn’t an appointment on your calendar, He wants to in every part of your life!
- If you know how to worry you know how to meditate!
- Learning to be friends with God is the best thing you could do for yourself and those around you.
Pray Over Your Group!
Pray that all members are able to draw closer to God this week and experience a deeper relationship through daily conversations with Him!
ALL MEMBERS talk to God 3-5 times per day! It doesn’t have to be a 30-minute prayer somewhere, just simply talk to him out loud wherever you may be!