Goals for this Week’s Study:
- Review Sunday Morning’s Message.
- Help group members identify THEY and take action because THEY Matter!
- Encourage everyone to continue the habit they began with S.O.A.P. They can use any scriptures they choose.
Open your group with prayer.
DISCUSS: What in your life do you give your “very best” towards? Is it family, career, spouse, yourself, God? Why?
1. Do “THEY” exist inside your circle of influence? Tell the group about them. You don’t have to share names, but share about your experiences with them. Ask the group to give feedback concerning how they might show them Jesus.
- THEY – anyone who doesn’t have a relationship with Jesus.
- Circle of Influence – People God has naturally placed around you that you have relational influence with (friends, coworkers, close family, etc.)
Pastor Daniel made the statement that it seems that most Christians don’t like those that don’t know Jesus.
2. Do you agree with that statement as a whole? How can we change that? Pastor Daniel said we might have to get a little messy.
3. What are some ways you’ve gotten messy with people in the past? Did you see God move in their life because of that?
Seeing their faith, Jesus said to the paralyzed man, “My child, your sins are forgiven.”
4. What observations about the effect our persistence can have on others can you make from this verse? [You might want to quickly share the rest of the story in Mark 2:1 – 4] My persistent faith has the ability to change someone’s eternal destiny.
5. What are some action steps you can take THIS WEEK to apply the concept of “THEY MATTER?”
- Do you really believe that Jesus can change their life? YES!!
- Do you want to know what breaks the heart of God…those that don’t know Him! It’s His will that NONE should perish!
So his master said, ‘Go out into the country lanes and behind the hedges and urge anyone you find to come, so that the house will be full.
- It is God’s will that His house is full. Our church is nothing compared to the size of the lostness in our region.
- Go Get THEM!
PRAY with your group.