Goals for this Week’s Study:
- Review Sunday Morning’s Message.
- Help group members recognize the influence they can have on those around them.
- Encourage everyone to continue the habit they began with S.O.A.P. They can use any scriptures they choose.
Open your group with prayer.
DISCUSS: How does recognizing that your “days are numbered” affect your perspective about your current circumstances (Marbles illustration – w/ kids or life in general)?
Pastor Daniel mentioned that children are asking different questions at different phases of their life. See the breakdown below:
- Preschool – Do I have security?
- Elementary – Do I have your attention?
- Middle School – Who Am I?
- High School – What is my purpose?
One could argue that these physical development phases mirror our development spiritually.
1. Which questions (from those listed above) are you wrestling with most in your spiritual life right now?
2. How can you get answers to the questions you are asking so that you can move on to the next phase? [God’s Word, Prayer, seeking wise counsel from Godly people in your life]
3. What influence did your dad (or a Father figure) have on your life?
4. Would you agree with Pastor Daniel’s statement that “Our image of God (Heavenly Father) is heavily influenced by your dad (earthly father)? Explain.
5. Some of us have experiences with our earthly fathers that have tainted the image of our Heavenly Father. How can (or have) you change that?
All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty.
Pastor Daniel shared this verse to help shape our perspective on taking action on the following items:
Don’t Miss Your Role
6. Do you know what your “role” is? No matter what stage of life you are in, God has given us all a “circle of influence.” He wants to use “YOU” to change their life.
Don’t Miss This Week
7. What can you do THIS WEEK to take action on what God is calling you to do? There will NEVER be a perfect time to do it, and there will always be reasons NOT to do it.
Don’t Miss Sunday
8. What keeps you from being faithful each week to come to church and small group? We were not created to do life alone! Meeting together with God’s people on Sundays and for small group is an essential way to stay connected and accountable to God’s calling on your life.
9. Did anything else stand out to from Sunday’s message?
- Don’t just talk about it…TAKE ACTION!
PRAY with your group!