The "WISE" Generations
Goals for this Week’s Study:
- Review Sunday Morning’s Message.
- Ages 35+: Help everyone stop WAITING and start WALKING towards the generation(s) behind them.
- Ages 34 and below: Help everyone to seek wisdom from the generation(s) ahead of them.
- Encourage everyone to continue the habit they began with S.O.A.P. They can use any scriptures they choose.
Open your group with prayer.
DISCUSS: What is the greatest asset you see in:
- The generation ahead of you?
- The generation behind you?
Here is the breakdown of the generations Pastor Daniel mentioned on Sunday:
- 70+: Greatest Generation
- 50 – 69: Baby Boomers
- 35 – 49: Generation X
- 18 – 34: Millennials
Psalm 39:4 – 5
“Lord, remind me how brief my time on earth will be. Remind me that my days are numbered—how fleeting my life is. You have made my life no longer than the width of my hand. My entire lifetime is just a moment to you; at best, each of us is but a breath.”
1. Do agree with the Psalmist when he says that our entire lifetime is but a breath? Why then is it so difficult to live our life from this perspective?
2. In light of this reality, are there any priorities you need to shift in your life?
For Groups comprised of primarily 35+
3. What is one thing you wish you could go back and tell your 18-year old self? [Go find an 18-year old in your life and tell them!]
For Groups comprised of primarily 18 – 34
4. What is your crazy dream for your life? [Go ask someone from the older generation to help you!]
Pastor Daniel made the following statements over the past two weeks, both which apply to your responses from the previous questions:
- It’s NEVER too late to start being who God has called you to be, and
- Get busy livin’ or get busy dyin’
STATS Pastor Daniel shared:
- Millennials now outnumber all other generation groups on Earth.
- Half of Chinese population (500,000) are Millennials
- 10,000 people turn 21 every day in U.S.
- The largest group will have the largest influence.
- In just a few years 3 of 4 in the work force will be Millennials.
- 77% of everyone who becomes a Christian do so before the age of 21.
After that generation died, another generation grew up who did not acknowledge the Lord or remember the mighty things he had done for Israel.
5. What can YOU begin doing TODAY to not allow the next generation to grow up without knowing the Lord?
6. Did anything else stand out to from Sunday’s message?
- STOP – Doubting START – Believing
- STOP – Criticizing START – Cheering
- STOP – Lecturing START – Loving
- STOP – Fighting START – Funding
- STOP – Waiting START – Walking
PRAY with your group!