The Next Generation Matters
Goals for this Week’s Study:
- Review Sunday Morning’s Message.
- Help everyone consider how they can embrace the next generation.
- Encourage everyone to finish their reading plan (if they haven’t already). If they have, encourage them to keep going. There is nothing special about the passages we selected. They can S.O.A.P. using any scriptures they choose.
Open your group with prayer.
DISCUSS: How has your desire to “fit in” changed since graduating high school or college? Is it easier or harder?
1 Timothy 4:12
Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity.
We know that “young” is a relative term. A teenager is old when they visit an elementary school, and a 40-year old is young when they visit a nursing home. With this in mind, consider the following questions:
1. Would what you would be willing to attempt for God be different, if you didn’t fear others looking down on you?
2. How would your life look different if you lived it in such a way to set an example for ALL believers?
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
3. How does it make you feel to know that you are “custom made” by God?
You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you.
Most people’s mindset is that they choose God. However, the reality is that He chose you. He picked you!! If He picked you, then that means He has a plan and a purpose for YOU!
4. Are you living your life on purpose? Do you feel like you know what God’s purpose for your life is?
Pastor Daniel said that many times our problem is that we try to something or someone else and short-circuit His plan for us.
5. Do you ever feel like you are trying to live up to someone other than God’s expectation for your life?
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Your worth is NOT determined by your mistakes; it is determined by what someone is willing to pay for it. God gave us His only Son for YOU! This makes YOU the most valuable thing in this world.
6. Do you have trouble believing Jesus loves you? Pastor Daniel said if you believe that truth, then you will receive it. And, when you believe Jesus loves you, it will radically change your perspective.
A thief is only there to steal and kill and destroy. I came so they can have real and eternal life, more and better life than they ever dreamed of.
7. How has Satan “flipped this script” in your life; making you think that following Jesus will destroy your happiness, or popularity, or career?
PRAY with your group!