Share Your Story
Goals for this Week’s Study:
- Review Sunday Morning’s Message.
- Help group members KNOW and SHARE their story!
- Encourage everyone to be ready and prepared for the opportunities God brings our way to share our story.
Open your group with prayer.
DISCUSS: How do you feel about the fact that God wants to use your story to tell others about Him? Is it easy to tell others about what you’ve been through?
As Pastor Daniel always says, He wants to take your mess and turn it into a message! That message is one of Hope and encouragement that “THEY” desperately need to hear.
In the message Sunday we discussed that there are 3 main reasons why people often don’t share their story:
- They don't KNOW their story,
- They aren’t anticipating an opportunity, OR
- They are afraid of driving people away.
1. Which of the above reasons do you struggle with the most?
Remember that EVERYONE has a story and someone is waiting on YOU to share it. If you ask boldly for God to send you someone ready to hear your story, HE WILL! And remember, that it’s ok to be open and honest about the fact that you have an agenda. Seeing them give their life to Jesus is the whole point!
2. When is the last time you’ve shared your story (of how you met Jesus) with someone? Don’t be embarrassed…this is something we all struggle with.
Acts 8:26 – 31
26 As for Philip, an angel of the Lord said to him, “Go south[a] down the desert road that runs from Jerusalem to Gaza.” 27 So he started out, and he met the treasurer of Ethiopia, a eunuch of great authority under the Kandake, the queen of Ethiopia. The eunuch had gone to Jerusalem to worship, 28 and he was now returning. Seated in his carriage, he was reading aloud from the book of the prophet Isaiah. 29 The Holy Spirit said to Philip, “Go over and walk along beside the carriage.” 30 Philip ran over and heard the man reading from the prophet Isaiah. Philip asked, “Do you understand what you are reading?” 31 The man replied, “How can I, unless someone instructs me?” And he urged Philip to come up into the carriage and sit with him.
3. What role did Philip play in initiating this opportunity to “share his story” with the Ethiopian eunuch? [obedience to go where he was prompted to go]
When it comes to sharing our story, I wholeheartedly believe that God will serve the opportunity up for us, if we will only be anticipating that it’s coming.
22 But God has protected me right up to this present time so I can testify to everyone, from the least to the greatest. I teach nothing except what the prophets and Moses said would happen—
Paul understood that his present circumstances were part of God’s plan for his life.
4. What circumstances in your life are you currently fighting against that could possibly be preparing you for an opportunity to share your story?
5. Who do you know that needs to hear your story?
6. What can you do today to get ready to share your story with them?
- KNOW Your Story
- Focus on one thing
- Point to Jesus
- Tell someone!
Depending on your group type and meeting place this may or may not work…
Break up into pairs and take some time to write down and prepare your story. If time permits, share your story with one another and encourage each other to share it with someone else this week!
PRAY with your group – Prayer specifically for God to prepare on opportunity for you to share your story and to not let you miss it.