Before We Get Started:
Ask how everyone’s week has been! What was the best thing that happened to you last week?
What was one thing you could use prayer for from last week?
- Open your group with prayer! Pray for any requests and for the discussion you’re about to have, that God reveals a next step for everyone to take this week!
Ice Breaker: If you had to describe your perfect meal, what would it be?
- “The next day the crowd that had stayed on the far shore saw that the disciples had taken the only boat, and they realized Jesus had not gone with them. Several boats from Tiberias landed near the place where the Lord had blessed the bread and the people had eaten. So when the crowd saw that neither Jesus nor his disciples were there, they got into the boats and went across to Capernaum to look for him. They found him on the other side of the lake and asked, “Rabbi, when did you get here?” Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, you want to be with me because I fed you, not because you understood the miraculous signs. But don’t be so concerned about perishable things like food. Spend your energy seeking the eternal life that the Son of Man can give you. For God the Father has given me the seal of his approval.” They replied, “We want to perform God’s works, too. What should we do?” Jesus told them, “This is the only work God wants from you: Believe in the one he has sent.” They answered, “Show us a miraculous sign if you want us to believe in you. What can you do?” - John 6:22-30
Sermon Notes: Take time to let everyone share some of the notes they took or anything that stood out to them from the message. Use this time to get everyone in your group talking (a good tip for this situation would be to go around the room and have everyone share one thing that stuck out to them from Pastor Trevor’s sermon)! Keep in mind, not everyone may feel comfortable talking, so try your best to help assist them in any way you can!
- What does it mean to be “Hangry”? (Bad tempered or irritable as a result of hunger.) Have you ever experienced this? If so, share with the Group!
- Have you ever felt “spiritually hangry”? What are some ways you’ve dealt with this?
- The only thing that will ever fulfill us in life is the love of God! Have you ever felt like your relationship with Jesus has been more about “I do” instead of “He did”? (You don’t work for the bread of life, it’s something that is freely given!)
- What are some of the dangers of this mindset?
- Read John 6:22-30. People in this passage wanted to see a miracle before they ever believed in the power of God. Have you ever struggled with focusing more on what God can do for you instead of focusing solely on him?
- Would you rather have a loaf of bread or a baker that can bake you fresh bread each day? How can you pursue the baker instead of the bread this week?
- Who is someone you can share this “bread of life” with this week?
Help each member not only identify a next step to take, but help them make a plan to implement that next step into their lives each week! Write it down and follow up with them after a few days!
Pray for your Group!
Pray for confidence and strength for your members as they begin to pursue the stretching/next steps that God is calling them to!