Goals for this Week’s Study:
- Review Pastor Daniel’s sermon from Sunday morning.
- Help group members (especially new members) get to know one another.
- Take time to introduce and learn a little about each member!
Open your group with prayer.
Ice Breaker: If you could be really good at any sport, what sport would you pick and why?
- “Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win! All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing. I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified.” – 1 Corinthians 9:24-27
- “Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.” – Ephesians 3:20
- “Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people.” – Colossians 3:23
- “But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.” –Romans 5:8
- “So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up.” – Galatians 6:9
- “He makes the whole body fit together perfectly. As each part does its own special work, it helps the other parts grow, so that the whole body is healthy and growing and full of love.” – Ephesians 4:16
- “Jesus came and told his disciples, “I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” – Matthew 28:18-20
Sermon Notes: Take time to let everyone share some of the notes they took or anything that stood out to them from the message. Use this time to get everyone in your group talking (a good tip for this situation would be to go around the room and have everyone share one thing that stuck out to them from Pastor Daniel’s sermon)! Keep in mind, not everyone may feel comfortable talking yet, so try your best to help assist them in any way you can!
- Have you ever been to a professional sporting event? If so, describe the experience to those who haven’t!
- What does it mean to be a “team member”? (7 points Pastor Daniel shared)
- The Best Is Yet To Come
- God Deserves My Best
- Everyone Has A Next Step!
- I Get To Do This
- I’m All In
- We Not Me
- Be An Example
- Did any one of the seven points stand out to you more than the others? Why?
- How can a perspective change from being a spectator to being a team player change the way you approach church/life?
- What next step do you feel Jesus leading you to this week? (Not all next steps are big ones like salvation, baptism, etc. Some steps can be as simple as having an intentional conversation with someone this week)
- Is there any way your Group can help you with taking that step?
- Jesus is our coach, we listen to Him and do what He says.
- Spectators say “that church”, fans say “your church”, but team members say “our church”.
- Get out of the stands and get into the game!
- You cannot follow Jesus and stay the same!
- The church is for you, but not about you!
- No one should go out onto the field expecting to lose!
Pray Over Your Group!
Pray over all prayer requests and pray for members to turn from fans to team members!