Participating In The Miracle
Goals for this Week’s Study:
- Review Pastor Daniel’s sermon from Sunday morning.
- Help group members (especially new members) get to know one another.
- Reflect on the challenge last week and the next steps each member has taken!
Open your group with prayer.
SHARE: Think about the funniest memory you’ve had at a wedding and share it with the group! (If not a wedding, share a funny moment in a marriage or relationship)
- “The next day there was a wedding celebration in the village of Cana in Galilee. Jesus’ mother was there, and Jesus and his disciples were also invited to the celebration. The wine supply ran out during the festivities, so Jesus’ mother told him, “They have no more wine.” “Dear woman, that’s not our problem,” Jesus replied. “My time has not yet come.” But his mother told the servants, “Do whatever he tells you.” Standing nearby were six stone water jars, used for Jewish ceremonial washing. Each could hold twenty to thirty gallons. Jesus told the servants, “Fill the jars with water.” When the jars had been filled, he said, “Now dip some out, and take it to the master of ceremonies.” So the servants followed his instructions. When the master of ceremonies tasted the water that was now wine, not knowing where it had come from (though, of course, the servants knew), he called the bridegroom over. “A host always serves the best wine first,” he said. “Then, when everyone has had a lot to drink, he brings out the less expensive wine. But you have kept the best until now!” This miraculous sign at Cana in Galilee was the first time Jesus revealed his glory. And his disciples believed in him.” – John 2:1-11
Sermon Notes: Take time to let everyone share some of the notes they took or anything that stood out to them from the message. Use this time to get everyone in your group talking (a good tip for this situation would be to go around the room and have everyone share one thing that stuck out to them from Pastor Daniel’s sermon)! Keep in mind, not everyone may feel comfortable talking yet, so try your best to help assist them in any way you can!
- How does participating in something affect your view of it?
- Read John 2:1-11. When looking at your life right now, do you more relate with the servants or the guests at the wedding? (When it comes to God moving around you)
- Have you ever seen the comparison with Moses and Jesus before? (Moses turned water to blood which symbolizes Judgment, Jesus turned water to wine which symbolizes Joy)
- Pastor Daniel stated that when Jesus calls us to do something, it might require some work and sweat. Is there something in your life that you feel God may be calling you to do but requires some work?
- Pastor Daniel challenged all who come to Better Life Church regularly to get involved and transition from a guest benefitting from the miracles to a servant participating in the miracles! If you are already serving, what’s one moment that has made it “worth it” for you?
- If you aren’t serving, do you feel like God is calling you to serve? (If anyone does, help them sign up on our website and let us know!!!)
- Is there anything your Life Group can be helping you with this week? (Any struggles, things you can be praying for, etc.)
- When Jesus called Mary “woman", he began separating himself from her Son to her Savior
- The only thing that makes you right with God is Jesus.
- Only Jesus can bring you joy!
- If you listen to Jesus and do what He tells you to do, you will have a better life than you ever dreamed.
- All the guests in the house benefitted from the miracle, the servants participated in the miracle!
- When you participate, God will do miracles through you!
Pray Over Your Group!
Pray over all prayer requests, and pray that all members are able to move from guests to participants in the miracles that God wants to do through us no matter what day of the week!