Be The Man
Goals for this Week’s Study:
- Review Pastor Daniel’s sermon from Sunday morning.
- Help group members (especially new members) get to know one another.
- Reflect on the next steps that have been taken over the past week.
Open your group with prayer.
SHARE: Share with everyone your favorite childhood memory with your parents!
- “ When the cool evening breezes were blowing, the man and his wife heard the Lord God walking about in the garden. So they hid from the Lord God among the trees. Then the Lord God called to the man, “Where are you?”” – Genesis 3:8-9
- “And further, submit to one another out of reverence for Christ. For wives, this means submit to your husbands as to the Lord. For a husband is the head of his wife as Christ is the head of the church. He is the Savior of his body, the church. As the church submits to Christ, so you wives should submit to your husbands in everything. For husbands, this means love your wives, just as Christ loved the church. He gave up his life for her.” – Ephesians 5:21-25
- “So again I say, each man must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.” – Ephesians 5:33
- “After that generation died, another generation grew up who did not acknowledge the Lord or remember the mighty things he had done for Israel.” – Judges 2:10
Sermon Notes: Take time to let everyone share some of the notes they took or anything that stood out to them from the message. Use this time to get everyone in your group talking (a good tip for this situation would be to go around the room and have everyone share one thing that stuck out to them from Pastor Daniel’s sermon)! Keep in mind, not everyone may feel comfortable talking yet, so try your best to help assist them in any way you can!
- If you had to say anyone was “The Man”, who’s the first person that comes to mind?
- In Genesis 3:8-9 who did God call out to and why is that important? (He called out to Adam and because he had the responsibility to lead the family)
- What does a leader look like in your own words? What exactly does leadership mean? (Leadership is having influence, not being a dictator)
- What 3 things did Pastor Daniel call us to lead? (Ourselves, Our Families, Our Church)
- Do you feel like you are leading well in all three? Is there any you feel like you need to be more intentional with?
- How can your Life Group help you grow this week? (Specifically any leadership area that any member has said)
- What has been the biggest thing that stuck out to you in this Adam series?
- Don’t default your spiritual growth to one hour a week.
- The first person you have to lead is yourself!
- 93% of men who follow Jesus have families that are following Jesus!
- What do you do when you have the most power in the room? Wash peoples feet!
- Your marriage is mutual submission.
- God didn’t call you to make a living, He called you to make a difference!
- Kids don’t need presents, they need your presence at home!
Pray Over Your Group!
Pray that all members are able lean on God to bring them into the calling that He has for their lives!
This week we challenge you to spend more than 30 minutes with God this week. Just like any healthy relationship, daily communication is required! Start a group text, email, or facebook message to help keep each other accountable this week!