Goals for this Week’s Study:
- Review Pastor Daniel’s sermon from Sunday morning.
- Help group members (especially new members) get to know one another.
- Reflect on the next steps that have been taken over the past week.
Open your group with prayer.
SHARE: What brings you the most comfort or peace in your life? (Hobby, Friendships, Family, etc.)
- “Immediately after this, Jesus insisted that his disciples get back into the boat and cross to the other side of the lake, while he sent the people home. After sending them home, he went up into the hills by himself to pray. Night fell while he was there alone. Meanwhile, the disciples were in trouble far away from land, for a strong wind had risen, and they were fighting heavy waves. About three o’clock in the morning Jesus came toward them, walking on the water. When the disciples saw him walking on the water, they were terrified. In their fear, they cried out, “It’s a ghost!” But Jesus spoke to them at once. “Don’t be afraid,” he said. “Take courage. I am here!” Then Peter called to him, “Lord, if it’s really you, tell me to come to you, walking on the water.” – Matthew 14:22-28
Sermon Notes: Take time to let everyone share some of the notes they took or anything that stood out to them from the message. Use this time to get everyone in your group talking (a good tip for this situation would be to go around the room and have everyone share one thing that stuck out to them from Pastor Daniel’s sermon)! Keep in mind, not everyone may feel comfortable talking yet, so try your best to help assist them in any way you can!
- Has there ever been a moment or area in your life where you’ve felt unqualified? Why?
- When you think of stretching, what comes to mind? (Use this time to explain the stretching concept to those who may not have been there on Sunday)
- Pastor Daniel gave us three questions to ask ourselves when it comes to stretching ourselves. What were they? (Do I want to stretch? What belief is holding me back? What do I need to change?)
- Did one of these questions stand out to you more than the others? Why?
- What's a dream that you never thought was possible that you've had for your life? Are you pursuing it? Why or why not?
- Pastor Daniel told us that no growth comes without stretching. How is God calling you to stretch this week?
- How can your Group help you?
- It's a guarantee that you have potential! Reaching your potential is optional.
- God gave you a gift when you were born, but it's up to you to develop that gift to use it for His Glory.
- Your life begins at the end of your comfort zone!
- If you live an average life you're bringing no return on the investment that God has made into you!
- Change you belief and it will change how you feel, and when you change how you feel you will change how you act!
- The difference between where we are and where we want to be is decided by the pain and stretching we are willing to endure to get there.
- “Some people say God will never ask me to do something I cant do. I have come to the place in my life that if the assignment I sense God is giving me is something I know I can handle, I know it probably is not from God. The kind of assignment God gives in the Bible are always God-sized. They are always beyond what people can do because He wants to demonstrate His nature, His strength, His provision, and His kindness to His people and to a watching world. That is the only way the world will come to know HIM." - Henry Blackaby
Pray Over Your Group!
Pray for confidence and strength for your members as they begin to pursue the stretching/next steps that God is calling them to!