Power In Your Problems
Goals for this Week’s Study:
- Review Pastor Daniel’s sermon from Sunday morning.
- Help group members (especially new members) get to know one another.
- Reflect on the next steps that have been taken over the past week.
Open your group with prayer.
SHARE: Have you ever been injured to the point where it hurt so bad all you could do is laugh? (If not, share one of the worst injuries you’ve had)
- “And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. For God knew his people in advance, and he chose them to become like his Son, so that his Son would be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.” – Romans 8:28-29
- “For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.” – Jeremiah 29:11
- “Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.” – 1 Thessalonians 5:18
- “For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow.” – James 1:3
Sermon Notes: Take time to let everyone share some of the notes they took or anything that stood out to them from the message. Use this time to get everyone in your group talking (a good tip for this situation would be to go around the room and have everyone share one thing that stuck out to them from Pastor Daniel’s sermon)! Keep in mind, not everyone may feel comfortable talking yet, so try your best to help assist them in any way you can!
- Before Pastor Daniel’s sermon on Sunday, what role did you believe the God played in your day-to-day problems? Has your view changed since?
- Pastor Daniel said that, “ When you have nothing left, you realize God is all that you need.” Has there ever been a time in your life that you’ve felt this way?
- READ Romans 8:28. Do you find yourself struggling to trust God with certain things or circumstances? Why?
- Pastor Daniel said, “Before you were born, God had a purpose for your problem.” Does knowing this change your perspective in any problems you might be facing at the moment? How?
- Have you ever had an “Aha!” moment when you realized God worked a situation out for your good? How did it make you feel?
- Have you ever heard the term, “Agape Love” before? Define in your own words. (Agape Love is god’s unconditional love, the highest form of love, for His children.)
- Pastor Daniel discussed 3 things that would help us, as followers of Christ, to go BEYOND our circumstances: Trust Him, Be Thankful, and Never Give Up! How can you practically apply these 3 things as you go throughout this week? How can your group help you?
- If you can understand why God allows your problems, you’ll grow beyond your problems!
- Everything that happens in your life is filtered through the hands of God.
- The reason we go through struggles in life, is because we are being conformed into the image of Jesus!
- Quit asking, “why me?” and start praying, “God, what do you want me to learn from this?”
Pray Over Your Group!
Pray that each member will be able to apply the 3 points from Sunday to go BEYOND our circumstances. Pray for anything in specific that is brought up, whether it’s a situation they may be in or a next step that needs to be taken!