Goals for this Week’s Study:
- Review Sunday Morning’s Message.
- Help identify what kind of baggage your group members may have, and what steps they can take (specifically this week) to help with it.
- Help group members (especially new members) get to know one another.
Open your group with prayer.
SHARE: Have you had a funny, embarrassing, or weird experience with baggage while traveling?
The 5 Types of Baggage
- Financial Baggage – #1 cause of stress in relationships
- Childhood Baggage – Do you obey out of fear or Love?
- Past Relationship Baggage – Complications from previous relationships
- Sexual Baggage – #1 reason for sexual sin is loneliness
- Emotional Baggage – I feel so that’s how I act
- Pastor Daniel stated that everyone brings some kind of baggage into relationships with them. Why is this so important to know?
- How do you know you have baggage? (You live life in the past, You isolate yourself, and You worry all the time)
- Why do you think we sometimes have a hard time accepting other people’s baggage?
- Out of the 5 types of Baggage that were stated, which ones do you feel apply to you?
- What are some steps you can take this week to work on them? (Write down each one and pray specifically for each one at the end of group!)
Pastor Daniel gave us 5 tips to dealing with Baggage in our relationships:
- Call it what it is
- Take Responsibility
- Cry out to the Lord – “For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.” - Matthew 11:30
- Thank God for His love – “Let them praise the Lord for his great love and for the wonderful things he has done for them.” - Psalm 107:15
- Remember you’re a child of God!
PRAY over your group! (Pray specifically for the application steps for each group member throughout this week. Nothing will bring a group closer together than prayer for one another! )