An Enemy Called Environment
Goals for this Week’s Study:
- Review Pastor Trevor’s sermon from Sunday morning.
- Help group members (especially new members) get to know one another.
- Share how God has been growing you through the next steps you have been taking!
Open your group with prayer.
Ice Breaker: What’s the scariest movie you’ve ever seen?
- “Now the gates of Jericho were tightly shut because the people were afraid of the Israelites. No one was allowed to go out or in. But the Lord said to Joshua, “I have given you Jericho, its king, and all its strong warriors. You and your fighting men should march around the town once a day for six days. Seven priests will walk ahead of the Ark, each carrying a ram’s horn. On the seventh day you are to march around the town seven times, with the priests blowing the horns. When you hear the priests give one long blast on the rams’ horns, have all the people shout as loud as they can. Then the walls of the town will collapse, and the people can charge straight into the town.” – Joshua 6:1-5 (NLT)
- “For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.” – Ephesians 6:12 (NLT)
Sermon Notes: Take time to let everyone share some of the notes they took or anything that stood out to them from the message. Use this time to get everyone in your group talking (a good tip for this situation would be to go around the room and have everyone share one thing that stuck out to them from Pastor Trevor’s sermon)! Keep in mind, not everyone may feel comfortable talking yet, so try your best to help assist them in any way you can!
- What is spiritual warfare? How would you describe it to someone who’s never heard of it before?
- Pastor Trevor shared 4 points about spiritual warfare in his message Sunday. What were they? (The enemy will create a barrier around where God wants to bring a breakthrough, The enemy can’t sabotage what the Lord has spoken, It’s more about your environment than it is about your enemy, It’s more about worship than it is about warfare)
- Which one stood out to you the most? Why?
- Pastor Trevor shared that the promise will always come with a problem to push through. Is there something in your life right now that you think the enemy is trying to keep you from? Why?
- We learned that if you look at your God through your difficulties it often leads to disobedience but if you look at your difficulties through your God it often leads to deliverance. Is there something in your life that you need deliverance from?
- Take a look at your environment around what you need deliverance from. What change can you make this week?
- The strategy God gave the Israelites wasn’t a strategy of war but of worship! How can we worship in the face of our “walls” that we face this week?
- How can our Group help us?
- Don’t live paralyzed by the power of a defeated enemy!
- The victorious Christians are those who know the promises of God!
- The walls in your life will fall through worship not warfare.
- When God speaks something over you it has power
- We need to stop telling God how big our problems are and start telling our problems how big our God is!
- The enemy is terrified of what rests inside of you!
Pray Over Your Group!
Pray over all prayer requests and the next steps that will be taken this week. Take a little extra time to pray for the unity of our country and for all victims of the various natural disasters that have occurred over the past couple weeks!