The Life Groups team at Better Life Church have put together a plan for you that plan to continue to meet throughout the weeks between the Fall and Spring semesters. The plan will be broken up into 2 parts:
1. Christmas Plan – this plan will have a total of 7 days.
- Day 1 & Day 2 will be your group’s content for the weeks of Day 1 – December 11 – 17 and Day 2 – December 18 – 24 (if you choose to meet as a group).
- Days 3 – 7 are for your group members to go through on their own during the week leading up to Christmas (12/18 – 12/24).
You will find this plan beginning on the next page. Each day will be a link that day’s study.
2. New Year’s Plan – this plan will begin will have 5 days’ worth of content. It will begin the week of January 1st and conclude the last week of January. At this time, we are planning to have our next Group’s Launch the first Sunday in February!
The New Year’s plan is NOT included in this post. It will be sent out later next week.
Goals for this Week’s Study:
- Read God’s WORD.
- Help group members take THEIR Next Step (whatever that is)!
- Encourage everyone each week to APPLY what they learn. INFORMATION + APPLICATION = TRANSFORMATION!
Open your group with prayer.
The point of the “DISCUSS” question is to break the ice and get group members talking. Feel free to create your own question here, but I’ve also provided a few suggestions.
- What stood out to from this past Sunday’s message?
- Did anything interesting happen since last week that you want to share? Conversations you had, next steps you’ve taken in your walk with Christ, etc.
- Get everyone to share what their favorite _________ is. Ice cream, cereal, vacation spot, food, etc.
The “CHRISTMAS PLAN” study will consist of reading God’s WORD and then discussing our observations and possible application(s) of it to each of our lives. Along with the scripture passages, there is some devotional content to go along with it. Feel free to use as much or as little of the content as you want, AND customize it to fit the needs of your group.
Scripture & Devotion:
December 11 – 17 (group)
December 18 - 24 (group)
December 20 (individual)
December 21 (individual)
December 22 (individual)
December 23 (individual)
December 24 (individual)
Ask these same questions about the passage every week. Feel free to add your own or supplement as the conversation develops.
- What observations can we make about the passage we just read? Who is speaking, who is being spoke to, what is going on around them.
- Is there any one verse that stands out to you? Follow up this question with “why” or “explain,” etc.
- What are some truths we need to receive or lessons we can learn from this passage?
- What do you need to do to apply these truths or lessons to your life THIS WEEK?
The point of studying God’s WORD is not to learn more...it’s to APPLY more. His WORDS are generally not hard to understand, they are just hard to apply.
Challenge your group to begin applying the basic truths of God’s WORD. As their application grows, His revelation of himself in their life will grow exponentially!
PRAY with your group! Make sure to pray specifically for the application steps you’ve discussed in your study.