Goals for this Week’s Study:
- Review Sunday Morning’s Message.
- Help group members to live their life with an Attitude of Gratitude!
Open your group with prayer.
SHARE: What are 3 things you are grateful for? [allow some time for each group member to share. This will be more difficult for some than others, but give them time to share]
1 Thessalonians 5:18
18 Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.
1. What keeps us from “being thankful in all circumstances?”
Pastor Daniel gave us several reasons that we can continue to be thankful in all circumstances:
- God’s always in control.
- He can turn evil into good.
- He can fix our mistakes.
- One day I’m going to Heaven!
- I can NEVER lose my salvation!
- He will NEVER stop loving me!
2. What is the difference between thanking God IN all circumstances and FOR all circumstances?
3. How can being thankful build your faith? [Causes you to look at the positive, makes you rely on what God can do instead of what’s happening around you, etc.]
4. How would showing appreciation to those around you every single day affect your attitude, mindset, and/or overall outlook on life?
5. Has anyone started applying this already? SHARE.
- Appreciation means to raise the value of something. Everyone NEEDS this!
- Whatever you need in life, begin to give it away!
- What’s in this for me? Being thankful:
- Keeps me in God’s Will.
- Makes me BETTER and not bitter.
- Shuts out the devil.
- Sets the stage for the impossible to happen in your life!
CHALLENGE: Gratitude Journal – Every day for the next week, begin the day by writing down 3 things you are thankful for!
PRAY over your group!