This Sunday, Adam Eldridge, our Executive Pastor talked about being a pioneer. He reminded us of Jesus' pioneering spirit, he encouraged us to never attempt to pioneer new things on our own, and that if we truly want to pioneer something, it will not be easy.
One of the verses Adam discussed was Mathew 20:25-38,
"But Jesus called them together and said, 'You know that the rulers in this world rule it over their people, and officials flaunt their authority over those under them. But among you it will be different. Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be a servant, and whoever wants to be first among you must become your slave. For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many.’"
- How'd everyone's holidays go?
- Anyone make New Years resolutions? What are they?
- Describe in your own words to the group what you think it means to be "different".
- What's something about Jesus that stand out to you personally?
- How does Jesus' way of life challenge us to reconsider the way we live our lives?
- What are some common difficulties we face when reconsidering the way we commonly live?
- Why is it better to pioneer in groups rather than pioneer on our own?
- What's a resolution we could make as a group this year?
- Discuss your first step together.
Jesus, help us as we pioneer new things in our life. Amen.
- Any time you find someone facing needs and are unable to help them as a group, please let them know about Better Life's benevolence ministry and our financial coaching opportunities.