Belt Of Truth
Goals for this Week’s Study:
- Reflect on the Challenge from last weeks group meeting. ('Start each morning this week with a prayer to God thanking Him for the grace and mercy He has given you. Reflect on this throughout each day! Come back to your group next week and discuss how or if anything changed in your life because of it!')
- Review Sunday Morning’s Message
- Help group members (especially new members) get to know one another.
Open your group with prayer.
SHARE: Talk with your group about a defining moment you have had in your life when you truly felt like a champion (it could be anything from a big achievement in a sport to getting the house clean and dishes done before the kids get home from school)!
Scripture: “ Finally, be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place,” – Ephesians 6:10-14
Sermon Notes: Take time to let everyone share some of the notes they took or anything that stood out to them from the message. Use this time to get everyone in your group talking (a good tip for this situation would be to go around the room and have everyone share one thing that stuck out to them from PD’s sermon)! Keep in mind, not everyone may feel comfortable talking yet, so try your best to help assist them in any way you can!
- When you think of a Champion, who is the first person that comes to your mind? Why?
- Pastor Daniel stated that self-discipline is essential to living a victorious lifestyle. What are some ways that you practice self-discipline spiritually? (This will be beneficial to ALL, especially new people, on hearing what works for others. This could lead to BIG personal next steps throughout this week!)
- When taking steps forward in our spiritual journey, we will face opposition from the devil. Why is it important to know who he is and how he fights against us?
- How do we fight from victory? (Ephesians 6:10-14)
- Define the “Belt Of Truth” in your own words. Think back to the reference Pastor Daniel gave to the Belt of the Roman Soldiers. Do you find that your Belt is on tight, ready for duty? Or loose and not on guard?
- What is Truth? (Jesus, God’s Word)
- What can you do this week to build your Integrity and to remove any compartments that may be in your life?
- We don’t fight FOR victory, we fight FROM victory!
- Knowing the truth and doing the truth gives you strength.
- Everyone’s life is built on something.
- The truth is the core of your life, which reveals your character.
- Stability comes when you’re grounded in truth.
CHALLENGE: Knowing truth and obeying it gets you ready for battle. When you know the truth, it will set you free! Take this week and intentionally focus on KNOWING & MEDITATING on God’s truth. See how it will change not only you, but also those around you this week! Be ready to talk about it with your group next week!
PRAY over your group!