Be The Miracle
Goals for this Week’s Study:
- Review Pastor Daniel’s sermon from Sunday morning.
- Help group members (especially new members) get to know one another.
- Share any stories you may have from the supply drive!
Open your group with prayer.
Ice Breaker: What was your dream when you were a child? What did you want to be when you grew up?
- “When Jesus heard about it, he withdrew from there by boat to a remote place to be alone. When the crowds heard this, they followed him on foot from the towns. When he went ashore, he saw a large crowd, had compassion on them, and healed their sick. When evening came, the disciples approached him and said, “This place is deserted, and it is already late. Send the crowds away so that they can go into the villages and buy food for themselves.” “They don’t need to go away,” Jesus told them. “You give them something to eat. “But we only have five loaves and two fish here,” they said to him. “Bring them here to me,” he said. Then he commanded the crowds to sit down on the grass. He took the five loaves and the two fish, and looking up to heaven, he blessed them. He broke the loaves and gave them to the disciples, and the disciples gave them to the crowds. Everyone ate and was satisfied. They picked up twelve baskets full of leftover pieces. Now those who ate were about five thousand men, besides women and children.” – Matthew 14:13-21
Sermon Notes: Take time to let everyone share some of the notes they took or anything that stood out to them from the message. Use this time to get everyone in your group talking (a good tip for this situation would be to go around the room and have everyone share one thing that stuck out to them from Pastor Daniel’s sermon)! Keep in mind, not everyone may feel comfortable talking yet, so try your best to help assist them in any way you can!
- Read Matthew 14:13-21. Who do you most relate to in this story? Why?
- Have you ever thought that God can’t use you because you lack something?
- What does it mean to have “pessimistic faith”? (It looks at the problem, not the provider) Who exhibited this type of faith in the feeding of the 5,000?
- What were the three main points from the message this week? (Give it to Jesus, Jesus gives it back, You give it away!)
- Do you feel like you have a harder time giving things to Jesus, or giving the things that He gives back away to others?
- What is something this week that you feel you need to give to Jesus?
- Is there anything you feel you need to give away?
- How can your Group help you with your next step this week? (encouragement, prayer, etc.)
- What if God wants you to be the miracle in someone else’s life?
- Pessimistic faith looks at the problem, not the provider.
- God wants to use YOU today!
- My addition is God’s multiplication!
- Until you give it away, it will not multiply!
Pray Over Your Group!
Pray over all prayer requests, next steps that will be taken this week, and for all who participated and who will be affected by the supply drive. Take a little extra time to pray for the unity of our country and all victims of the various natural disasters taking place right now. (Hurricanes, Earthquakes, Wildfires, etc.)