A Place to Belong
Goals for this Week’s Study:
- Review Sunday Morning’s Message.
- Help group members find a sense of belonging to your group and church.
- Help group members to connect belonging to more than a “feeling.” Help them to see that by connecting themselves to a group, to a serving team, etc. they will be allowing God to use them to build His church brick by brick!
Open your group with prayer.
SHARE: What is something you do at “HOME” that you don’t do anywhere else…
Ephesians 2:19 – 22 MSG
You’re no longer wandering exiles. This kingdom of faith is now your home country. You’re no longer strangers or outsiders. You belong here, with as much right to the name Christian as anyone. God is building a home. He’s using us all—irrespective of how we got here—in what he is building. He used the apostles and prophets for the foundation. Now he’s using you, fitting you in brick by brick, stone by stone, with Christ Jesus as the cornerstone that holds all the parts together. We see it taking shape day after day—a holy temple built by God, all of us built into it, a temple in which God is quite at home.
- Pastor Daniel made the point that Belonging brings identity. Have you seen this to be true in other areas of your life? If so, where? [sports teams, clubs/fraternities/sororities, career]
- Why is “identity” so important when it comes to our relationship with Jesus? [if we know who we are in Christ, that shapes every other aspect of our life]
- Using the passage above, list the things Paul tells us we are NOT. [wandering exiles, strangers, outsiders]
- Using the passage above, list the things Paul tell us we ARE. [part of the kingdom of Faith, we “belong”, he wants to use you!]
- Why is it such an important distinction that our relationship with Jesus is personal, but not meant to be private? [Romans 12:5]
- Have you ever felt like you have nothing to give God? Is that true (especially in light of the passage above)? [He wants to use you! Mess and all…brick by brick!]
- There is a place for you to serve at Better Life Church! This week between 1st and 2nd services we will have a class called Better Life 101. Pastor Daniel teaches that class and you will learn all about serving at Better Life! Go to betterlife.church/serving to sign up (or just send us their name and info and we will contact them).
- Be bold and pray the following prayers:
- “God, use ME to build your house.”
- “What would you have me do?”
PRAY over your group at the end!