Goals for this Week’s Study:
- Review Sunday Morning’s Message.
- Help group members TAKE ACTION towards the life, destiny, and purpose God has created them for.
Open your group with prayer.
SHARE: As a kid, what did you dream about doing when you grew up?
I’m including several passages below, use or reference back to throughout your study.
Proverbs 4:23 GNT
23 Be careful how you think; your life is shaped by your thoughts.
Ephesians 4:23 NLT
23 Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes.
Romans 8:6 NLT
6 So letting your sinful nature control your mind leads to death. But letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace.
1. Pastor Daniel gave us the following list of “dream killers” on Sunday. Which one do you struggle with the most?
- Jumping to conclusions
- Negative self-talk
- Making excuses
2. Has there ever been a time when you were really hesitant (nervous or even anxious) about doing something new, but after you did you were so glad you did? SHARE.
Our spiritual life is the same way. Most of the steps God calls us to take make us nervous and anxious. However, when we OBEY you won’t regret it! Don’t let Satan lie to you that you aren’t qualified or good enough (or whatever else he uses on you).
3. Why is it so easy to make excuses about the outcomes we find ourselves in?
4. Pastor Daniel gave us a formula to reference on Sunday: C + R = O (Circumstance + Response = Outcome). How have your responses to the circumstances in your life shaped your present outcome?
5. In light of the C + R = O formula, how can a better outcome be achieved? [change your response]
Use the following filter to decipher between a “you” dream and a GOD Dream. Does it:
- Honor God?
- Bless Others?
- Bring You Joy?
How to find YOUR Why:
- What brings you the greatest joy?
- Do Something! James 1:22
- Truly believe “the best is yet to come!” You will never see the blessing ahead of you if you’re focused on what’s behind.
PRAY over your group at the end! Don’t pray for clarity in these situations. Pray for courage to take the next steps of Jesus is calling them to take.